Friday, January 14, 2011

Got out last night for a ride -- or I tried to anyway. It became quickly apparent that this time the snow was just a little too deep to ride in. Last Saturday, it was actually really nice to ride. But last night? Not so much. The temperature was hovering around 20 degrees and the snow was just too deep. I guess there haven't been enough people out there this week to really stomp it down. I made fresh tracks in a few places while I was trying to keep moving. I finally gave up after about four miles, retreated to Forbidden Drive and rode the length of that and back once before giving up and going home. I have some pics of the snow ride on my camera, and I'll post those later today.

One other issue -- I've been pretty good this week and last about tracking my calories in and stuff like that. I haven't been able to measure the output calories yet, though. becasue my Garmin crapped the bed on me -- it was only two weeks old! I guess it's just a faulty part or something, but after a ride last week, I upgraded the software as the Garmin site recommended and it hasn't worked since. I have one more option to try form their customer support, but if that doesn't work, I'll have to get it replaced, which will take two weeks. Boo! I'm planning on picking up a new HR monitor this weekend to measure calories burn in gym workouts in the meantime. Then I can start making this training log less about individual bike rides and more about my actual training and fitness goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment