Sunday, January 30, 2011

Winter of my discontent

This sucks. Like almost everyone else in the east right now, I've been off the bike for a while. I hung on for as long as I could -- I rode in some pretty sketchy stuff for as long as I could, but this last week has pretty much put a fork in the region until at least some of it melts away. It's just too damn deep. So riding has to be put aside until I can either get some road time or hit the road for warmer climates.

It wouldn't be so bad if I could have done other workouts, but last week I had jury duty and actually got put on a case that lasted three days. And with all the bad weather, having to go to Norristown every day, and then work at night to keep up with deadlines, I was pretty much without exercise last week. I didn't mind too much, though, because last Saturday I did something horrible to my lower back (still have no idea what I did exactly) but I was in crazy pain for days. I went to my chiropractor (also a riding buddy) and will be getting some help there from here out, so I'll see how that works. t's been feeling better the last few days, so I'll be back at the gym tomorrow. But so far, aside from the diet stuff, my pre-season training hasn't gone exactly as planned.

I'll have to make a suitable sacrifice to the sun god ... I NEED this snow to go the hell away!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment