Saturday, April 30, 2011

Saturday morning in the Wiss ...

Behind Bars in Philly


I have a race tomorrow -- Andrew Mein's Excellent Adventure at Granogue on the DuPont Estate just over the border from PA in DE. I haven't been able to ride much this week in preparation because I had a minor dental procedure on Thursday. Actually, two -- a root canal and an apicoectomy, which is apparently dentist-speak for cutting the holy hell out of my gums. I had somethign to finish on Wednesday prior to the procedure, then I basically bled all day on Thursday, and wasn't able to get out of work until very late on Friday, so I was basically off the bike for 3 days. Not ideal prior to my first enduro of the year, but whatever. I don't expect to do all that great at this race. It's more of a "fun" four hour ride than a target event. So that's cool. But I'm also not looking to go in totally cold, so I got up early to do a nice pre-race ride this morning. Had to go early because Joanna and I were going to a circus school show one of her friends was performing in this afternoon. (Turns out, that was a really cool show!)

I got to Wissahickon just before 8 this morning. I love to ride in Wissahickon early on Saturday mornings. It's usually not too crowded, and at this time of the year, the weather is perfect for morning rides. Because it was a pre-race warm-up, I wasn't pushing, so I brought along the camera to capture a few shots that show why riding in the Wiss is so unique.

Going up Twisty-Turny


Guess no one turned that C-major I lost ...


Off Bell's Mill Road


Mountainbikers aren't the only ones enjoying Saturday morning in Philly


There are some technical sections on the upper trail of Bell's Mill


Starting the step-up climb toward the Indian


The reward for cleaning the lower steps is more (and more technical) steps


Typical Saturday -- Hanging out with a big stone Indian ...


I never get tired of windy singletrack shots ...


Switching back ...


Sunny morning on Forbidden Trail ...


After the ride, the Misfit lookin' casual ...


Done with a ride, ready for some breakfast ...

No comments:

Post a Comment