Friday, May 13, 2011

Friday night ...

So tonight I had a choice after work. Get out and ride for the second day in a row or do the responsible thing and take care of the yard work. Normally, this is a no-brainer for me -- especially on a Friday and even more especially on a Friday after a week like this. I was really, really busy this week as deadlines loomed. But I decided to stay home and get the lawn work done tonight. Actually, I was secretly hoping I could do both if I got done by a reasonable hour at home. It didn't work out that way, but that's alright. I got out for a great ride last night - 19 miles at Wissahickon without needing lights. (I love this time of year!)

So tonight, I decided that I was okay with staying home, mowing the lawn, watering the new grass seed, and then taking in the beauty of our new landscape with a beer by the fire pit!

The meaning of "Friday night"


Thanks to Tim and Jamie from APT, I now don't have to stare at overgrown weeds and pachysandra suffering from a bad case of mange. Nope, now we have a beautiful outdoor living area with a full flagstone front, uplit trees and china-hat sconces all along the walkway. It's awesome! I've known Tim for years because of mountain biking. He and jamie started their company a few years back to offer high-end hardscape and landscape architecture. Knowing Tim and Jamie (from my gym), I never doubted they'd was good at what they did, but Its nice to get the privilege of having them work their magic on our home. I hired them because I knew they took their work seriously and its nice to give business to people you know. But after all was said and done, I honestly don't think I could have ever chosen anyone who could have done what those two guys did here. They're artists and we were lucky enough to get one of their masterpieces!

Just a piece of small piece of the work APT did. This is the view form the patio on the side of the house. There is a giant European cross of flagstone in the center that leads to the front door and then the walkway splits in two directions at the end with a big uplit tree in the center space.

No comments:

Post a Comment