Tuesday, August 2, 2011

A few pedalstrokes closer ...

Tonight I went back out to train after taking last night off. I did a two lap ride at Nocamixon with Tim on Sunday that was pretty much a recovery ride form the 50 on Saturday. But it was still pretty hot, so I was happy to just spin along the easier trails out there. We even took the inaugural trip through a fresh cut trail, which was partly pretty cool and partly a total clusterfuck. The VMB boys were out cutting new trail and asked us to take a ride on it to help tamp it down. We agreed, but their warning that the trail was still "primitive" was a total understatement. It wasn't even really cut in some sections, and at one point Tim got stung by a bee. So while it was marginally fun to be the pioneers of the trail, it was actually more annoying to ride through thick brush and Tim got hurt. So, you know ... fuck that.

But tonight I was back in business. Took the MIsfit back out for a good 20+ at Wiss. My legs felt dead early on (this is getting annoying now) but I actually felt better later on, and more importantly, when I started hitting the climbs, I was feeling better than I have in a while on the 20t down there.

Up this weekend: long ride early. I have a party to go to at 4:00, so I'll shoot for three laps at Blue Marsh (about 90 miles) and start really early so I'm home in time. I'm leaving the single at home for this one and, if it arrives in time, I'll be experimenting with Zym tablets in my water, We'll see if it helps with the cramping. I went to the doctor yesterday and got some blood tests because this cramping issue has started to become a real problem -- doesn't seem to matter what I do or how much I eat or drink. So I wanted to see if my electrolytes are naturally out of whack (to use a medical term) so I got the blood tests. I'll find out the results later this week. IN the meantime, I'll give the Zym tablets a try -- I figure it can't hurt. Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment