Friday, September 2, 2011

All done but the pedaling ...



So here goes ...

I leave tomorrow morning first thing ...

It's been a long, strange and often painful season. I dealt with cramping issues, bike issues, more mud than I care to remember, driving rain, two foot puddles, and, most recently this week, a terrible poison ivy infection that got into a cut on my arm and led to a painful cellulitis infection that will have me on Levaquin, Prednisone, and a topical cortisone cream for another week. I've doubted my ability to finish much less ride well on many occasions during my run-up.

But that's all in the past now.

Tomorrow, I leave. And now it doesn't matter -- I'm as ready as I'll get, and I'm feeling pretty good about that. I've got my nutrition planned, my bike is ready to roll and I'm feeling both calmer and more excited than I have about this event all year. I'm ready to go have some fun!



No comments:

Post a Comment