Monday, January 9, 2012

Lunchin' ...


Today I decided it was time to start moving during lunch. So I threw the Silk in the car this morning, tossed some winter riding gear in my preparedness bag, and planned to spend my lunch hour doing hot laps around the block where my office sits. (Basically, I would be circling the complex, since we're more or less the only thing on the block.)

And so I did ... more or less. I did five miles around the block at a good pace (about 22 mph or so), but then started feeling really bored with the loop. It was great training for speed, but it was also flat as can be (hence, the 22 mph from my slow ass.) So after the first five miles, I headed out toward Route 73 about 6 miles south, and did a mini loop through West Point, Blue Bell and North Wales. Total ride was just under 18 miles before I had to head back in for a meeting. Sweet!

I'm hoping to do this as often as I can, because one thing I've noticed over the last year or so is that it's taking me longer to get myself moving during post-work workouts because I spend so much time sitting at a desk. My legs feel dead most nights when I finally leave the office, and it takes me a good half hour to get moving if I do a ride or any other type of workout. So I decided that I need to break up my day. I rarely take a lunch hour away from my desk, so this is a big change for me, but I think it's worth it. If I can even ride a few times a week, that'll be a great break-up to the day, not to mention that it should also theoretically make me more productive.

Today was a great start and lots of fun. and I did feel better all day afterward. Up tonight: Joanna and I start our new yoga class!

As the Krame always says:

"Keep on keepin' on!"

No comments:

Post a Comment