Thursday, March 1, 2012

From dark into light ...


Another Thursday night, another training ride. But tonight had a nice added feature -- even though I started after 5:30, I didn't need my lights until almost 45 minutes into the ride. Days are getting longer! Spring is getting closer! And that means longer rides ... and, you know, what IMBA says about long rides ...

Tonight's ride was another 20 miler in Wissahickon. It was a little muddy, but not as bad as I thought it would be (my lawn looked like a damn swamp after the rain yesterday.) And the temperatures were right around 50 and didn't drop all that much all night. 

Still daylight after 6 pm!

The trail was a little wet but not unrideable and it was a beautiful night ...

Finished up around 8:15 with about 21 miles. 
So ... spring is almost here ... and another great night in riding in Philly ... not a bad way to sart the month!



No comments:

Post a Comment