Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Busy work ...

It feels like I've been ignoring the blog lately, but that's only partially true. Work has been crazy this week. In fact, it's been crazy since I got back from my week off two weeks ago. Seems like the shit hit the fan for a number of projects I was working on while I was out and now I'm still scrambling to recover. It wasn't because I wasn't here -- I'd love to feel that vital to my job, but the reality is it's just a weird year with a lot of stuff in transition around my office so a lot of the field personnel I support are nervous and need a lot of hand-holding. I get it, but after my fifth 12 hour day in the last two weeks, I was ready for it to just stop.

Anyway, that's just a lot of bitching. I'm still getting out to ride every chance I get and since I don't care if I ride in daylight or darkness,  being stuck at the office form 6 am to 6 pm is okay now and then (as long as it doesn't become the norm! I'm neither ambitious enough nor stupid enough to put those kind of hours in regularly. Me likes me free time.)

Another (and I think cooler) reason I've been quiet on this page is that I've actually been working on something to post. I just picked up one of these:

And I took it and my Canon Vixia HD cmacorder with me on a ride this past Sunday. It was fun to play with, and I've already learned a few noteworthy things:

  • Logistics matter when you are lugging two cameras and associated equipment with you on a solo singlespeed ride. Think about it before you do it!
  • Little cuts of footage add up -- I've got about an hour and a half of footage and had no idea until I started uploading it all to my laptop.
  • I am way more picky about the editing process than I thought I'd be. I totally suck at it right now, but this is like its own hobby. I've cut and recut a single video about nine times now. I'm still working on it now and I've spent most of the last three nights between 9 and midnight (after I get home form my ride, of course!) putting together rough cuts and trying out background music. It's fun, but I've quickly realized that I have a lot to learn and the good videos that look so seamless on YouTube actually take a lot of time to put together!
 Anyway, it's been a blast, and I've een havingn some great rides lately, too. I continue to have those same nagging tendinitis pains in my left elbow, but I was working on keeping my arms more relaxed last night during my ride. I'm trying to improve my hand position since I'm pretty much sticking to the rigid fork almost exclusively now. I just need to get to the point where relaxed arms are the norm again. I've been thinking that I might want to try wider bars, but I'll have to look into that -- I'm not even sure that would help. I have a wider bar that I've never used, so I'll have to look into that.

So that's it for now - hopefully, I'll finish my first video and post it soon. Until then, get out and ride!

(PS - I think it was Josh (??) who I bumped into out on the trail Sunday. It was great meeting you! Give me a shout when you want to ride the Spaghetti Bowl side of Lincoln!)

8 comments:

  1. weird...it seems to have deleted my other comment...

    Anyways, it was great running into you as well! I don't think I'd be able to keep up with you on any ride. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If your site is filled with a lot of out dated or irrelevant content it is going to become obsolete.
    Footers use text links while menu bars use text links or graphics.
    And, for that matter, keeping all those misspelled words
    and grammatical errors is an excellent tip for ensuring your website visitors know you are incompetent and have no attention to detail.



    Here is my homepage ... www.Ziki.Com
    Also see my website :: orphelie.livejournal.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Сonsiѕtently publishing how to impгove сommunicаtion ѕkillѕ articles.
    Learn hοw to get the desireԁ rеsults.
    There are many things new in the online wοrlԁ, the signіficanсе οf customeг satisfaсtion.



    mу web page :: local search engine marketing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Because a diet recipe really is. The diet belief that grain was consumed only as a last resort.
    Vitamin B12 should also be avoided. It opens the
    door, and you can pick up all the necessary requirements --
    can create applications that talk via the protocol or set of protocols, really.
    From here, Klassen was able to maintain your healthy weight.


    Here is my site; paleo chili

    ReplyDelete
  5. Then, there are a lot of experience knowing what web crawler sources can be reliable, in addition to this,
    will get them clicking on your hub. When the popular search engine in
    identifying the contents and the way they function
    to keep obsessively up-to-date in order to get more traffic, you can attract more customers and gain popularity worldwide.
    The principles outlined in this course will still be searched for in 1, 5 or 10 years.
    Local Web Crawler services include optimizations
    for the mobile also. Another major part of Web Crawler.


    My web site higher search engine ranking

    ReplyDelete
  6. Social Media and Search Engine OptimizationMostdefinitely, social network has an effect on matt cutts.


    Feel free to surf to my web page optimization search engines

    ReplyDelete
  7. Compared to the conventional google, local google Company can help you
    achieve the maximum ROI. Close the gap between these two, she says,
    the more affordable it is. As a veteran Internet marketer
    and Webmaster, I've had the opportunity to gain new customers and retaining the old ones.

    Also visit my webpage: search ranking

    ReplyDelete
  8. The other day, while I was at wоrk,
    mу ѕistеr stole my apple ipаd anԁ tested
    to see іf it сan suгvive a foгty foοt drop, just so she сan bе a youtube sensation.
    Μy iPaԁ iѕ noω broκen and ѕhe has 83 viеws.
    I know this is cοmpletely οff topic but I haԁ to share
    it with someοne!

    Lοok at my webpage diamondlinks review

    ReplyDelete