Sunday, February 17, 2013

Looking ahead ...

I had my surgery on Tuesday and I'm currently on the mend. I'll write more about the whole experience in another post. It was kind of an interesting experience and it's not really over yet, so I'll get to it when I have more time and energy. This post will be short and sweet.

I'm sick of winter right now and completely focused on looking ahead to spring. No matter how cold winter gets, it's apparently a lot harder to deal with if you can't be outside. At least that's true for me. I hit my limit on winter while I've been stuck inside and now all I can think about is warmer weather. With that in mind, I registered for my first race of the year in the AFC Sugar Hill XC at Patapsco Valley Park in Baltimore, MD.


I did this race last year and had a blast (although if I remember correctly, I broke my foot on a log-over on the first lap!) Anyway, it was a hot day for March -- over 80 degrees, I think. I think that memory as much as any other drove me to register again this year! I'm (perhaps stupidly) hoping at this point for more of the same ...

Come on Spring!

1 comment:

  1. Get well. I spent a bit of time under the knife last year as well. I will see you at Sugar Hill as usual. Only 21 registered in the SS class this year.

    ReplyDelete